Kernel Initialized in iMX6

Wed Jul 23 13:08:10 CEST 2014

Hi Chirag,

On 07/22/2014 02:51 PM, chirag garg wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> I am getting this error message:
> starting Kernel...
> Genode 14.05
>
> Kernel Initialized
> int main( ) : --- create local services---
> PF in core thread ( core ) : ip=1003cc38 fault=1008
> failed to communicate with thread event
>
> ??

The message means, it is a pagefault raised in core, at instruction
address 0x1003cc38, the address for which no translation could be found
is 0x1008. You'll have to inspect your resulting core-binary e.g. via
tools like 'objdump' to getting to know what is going wrong. Find out at
which point in the high-level code core is faulting by inspecting the
disassembled binary. You then might incorporate additional debug
printings at appropriated points around the faulting instruction to get
a deeper understanding about the root of the failure.

Regards
Stefan