genode-i.mx6 framebuffer

Tue Jul 1 17:40:39 CEST 2014

Hi Mahe Mohan,

On 06/30/2014 01:21 PM, Mahe Mohan wrote:
> Hello,
> As we have to develop framebuffer for i.mx6. We were referring materials
> regarding i.mx6 framebuffer. We gained some knowledge on how to deal with
> this but we dont know from where to start. Can you please guide us??

from the Reference Manual, which should be a good starting point for
you, I could see that the IPU (image processing unit) within the i.MX6
SoCs seems to be the same, or at least very similar to the one within
the i.MX53. A driver providing limited functionality of the IPU can be
found in Genode's os repository [2]. The driver however does not
implement the whole operation modes of the IPU, but was developed using
traces regarding I/O memory access of the corresponding Linux kernel
driver, the same approach Martin Stein explained in a previous mail.
Nevertheless, that code might be a good starting point too.

Regards
Stefan

[1]
http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=i.MX6Q&fpsp=1&tab=Documentation_Tab