Booting base-hw image on a Freescale i.MX6

Martin Stein martin.stein at ...1...
Wed Jan 29 12:53:56 CET 2014

Hi Meenakshi,

On 29.01.2014 12:09, Meenakshi Narayanan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The structure of Genode::printf is quite interesting. Running the
> test-printf scenario with PDBG("Hello World") works fine. It simply
> prints 'int main(int, char**): Hello World!'
>
> Looking up the definition for the Genode printf in base/printf.h was
> not so revealing. What makes the "-1 = -1 = -1" regex special that
> init refuses to spawn the init->test-printf child process?
>
> Regards
> Meenakshi

I guess it works with PDBG in contrast to printf because PDBG (as well
as PINF, PLOG, and PERR) are macros that add a line-break to the end of
an input string, which in turn causes the string to be send to the
LOG-session server immediately. However, the backend of these macros is
the Genode::printf function that leaves things like line-breaks and
coloring sequences in the hand of the user.