Just an idea about virtualbox

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie at ...218...
Wed Jan 15 13:49:02 CET 2014

Hi Norman,

Thanks so very much for getting back to me and discussing the idea about
using Virtualbox as the VMM as I had not yet looked into the specifics, but
it seems that you are definitely a few steps ahead in that you have already
gone down that road a bit.

Not sure how you intend to put it all together but if it is similar to the
NOVA 0.3 demo iso then that will be great!!!

I could see everything set up, as in that demo, except for perhaps a few
change-outs. Perhaps the Virtualbox Manager will be in Genode and take the
place of the Tutor (Console 1) so that you can make new instances that are
easy to get to with something like the <LWin>+(F1-12) or (Arrow Keys) to
change to the next consoles. I really love that simple and efficient
approach that is expressed in that NOVA 0.3 demo but could see it upgraded
to have the Genode GUI and Virtualbox for the VMM instances.

I am eagerly looking forward to your release in February of the integration
of NOVA + Genode + Virtualbox and if you should need someone to do a bit of
testing for you then please let me know and I'll be happy to do what I can
to assist.

I am looking forward to running the code/demo as well a taking the
follow-on steps of compiling everything up from scratch as well.

Truly exciting stuff that you and your group are doing here, my friend.

Kind Regards and have a great day,
Lonnie