Booting base-hw image on a Freescale i.MX6

Aditya Kousik adit267.kousik at ...9...
Thu Jan 2 08:52:41 CET 2014

Hello all,

We've tried to run a basic test-printf script on a Freescale i.MX6
sabrelite board. Based on
this<http://sourceforge.net/p/genode/mailman/message/31760885/>,
we implemented the necessary files. We had also come across an i.MX6 branch
by Nikolay Golikov stating that he had a preliminary port of i.MX6 here:
https://github.com/decaprox/genode/tree/i.mx6

We ran RUN_OPT="--target=uboot" make run/printf to see if it does print "-1
= -1 = -1" to the serial console (tested with gtkterm).

We ran the boot image uImage through TFTP at load address 0x10800000. It
loads the kernel (267.9 kB) but stops at "Loading kernel".

How do we know if the kernel is indeed running, or are we checking the
right UART ports? (we checked UART1)

I gave "console=ttymxc0, 115200" as bootargs in u-boot. Any suggestions on
how to proceed? Because we are literally stuck.

Also, is there a good debugging tool for testing the genode environment on
direct hardware?

Thanks in advance
Aditya Kousik