Announcement: Genode OS Framework version 14.02 released

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Fri Feb 28 11:51:07 CET 2014

Just now, we released a fresh version of Genode, which focuses on
storage and virtualization. With this release, we bring block-device
access and file-system support on the next level paving the way to use
Genode as general-purpose OS. The port of VirtualBox adds support for
a wide range of guest OSes (including MS Windows) to the long history
of virtualization on Genode. The main features and improvements of the
current release are:

  - VirtualBox running on the NOVA microhypervisor
  - Base framework
    - Improved stack management
  - Storage
    - NetBSD file systems ported via rump kernels
    - Revised block-driver framework
    - New block cache
    - New FUSE-based NTFS-3g support
    - Ported e2fsprogs to the Noux runtime
  - Low-level OS infrastructure
    - New pseudo file system as tracing front end
    - Unified interfaces for graphics
    - New status-reporting mechanism
    - Nitpicker support for dynamic screen resizing
  - Libraries and applications
    - Extended Noux runtime with POSIX signals
    - Dynamic ROM service
  - Platforms
    - Basic support ODROID XU

More details about version 14.02 can be found in the release
documentation here

  http://genode.org/documentation/release-notes/14.02

Happy hacking with Genode
--