Runtime verbosity

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Thu Feb 13 14:16:40 CET 2014

Hello Aditya,

On 02/12/2014 09:10 AM, Aditya Kousik wrote:
> I get the usage of make VERBOSE_MK= VERBOSE_DIR= VERBOSE= during the
> build process. But is there any terminal level verbosity option? The
> closest I've got to, is in the configuration of the init process, by
> specifying 'verbose="yes"' in the config node. Is there much deeper
> verbose output such as function calls and argument list printing?

there are no convenient ways to customize the level of detail of log
output except for the "release" spec value, which suppresses warnings
and debug messages altogether, and retains errors and plain messages only.

Last summer, we introduced an event-tracing feature, which allows you to
trace interesting events such as RPC calls. However, it is not very easy
to use because it requires you to implement a so-called trace monitor
manually. For a simple example of such a trace monitor, please have a
look at 'os/run/trace.run'.

Best regards