Roadmap 2015

Nobody III hungryninja101 at ...9...
Mon Dec 22 18:54:48 CET 2014

I myself have been trying to do my own work on making Genode a
general-purpose OS, and am willing to contribute a fair amount, however I
have always been running into block device issues. The AHCI and ATAPI
drivers don't work, and the USB driver isn't working for USB storage. All 3
drivers fail to announce the service "Block". Once these drivers are fixed,
I will be able (and more than willing) to provide help in making Genode
into a general-purpose OS.
After the block device drivers, my second suggestion would be to either
create a Nitpicker X server or else to port the main X libraries to
Nitpicker. After that, for Genode's first desktop environment, we could
port LXQt. It's very lightweight and it's compatible with Qt5. I would be
happy to take part in this task.
As for Linux, it would be cool to make a kernel-agnostic version of L4Linux.