Starting TZ_VMM on imx6

Wed Dec 10 10:00:07 CET 2014

Hi,

On 12/10/2014 07:07 AM, Swaminathan Ramesh wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am currently working on TZ_VMM on the imx6 platform. Though the
> majority of the code is extremely similar to the imx53 port that is
> already present, there is a problem that arises due to the TrustZone
> Protection Controller for imx6.
>
> The address for the TZPC for imx6 is different from the TZPC of imx53
> and the Versatile Express ports that already exist in Genode, so these
> addresses do not work when I used them.

Well, the i.MX53 has no ARM TrustZone protection controller (TZPC) in
contrast to the Versatile Express board at all. It has a central
security unit (CSU) instead, which is a component developed by
Freescale. It works completely different from the TZPC, although it
fulfills similar functions.

> The TZPC base address for imx6 is not provided in the Freescale
> documentation or on the ARM infocenter. I was wondering if you guys can
> give me any ideas on how to go about solving this issue.

The base address is not given due to the absent of that device in i.MX6
processors. A look at the reference manual reveals that it uses the CSU
too (base address: 0x021C0000). The ARM infocenter will never help you
with regard to the memory map of a Freescale SoC.

By the way, don't expect the CSU code present in Genode for the i.MX53
to work on the i.MX6 without modifications!! It will not work. The CSU
logic will be the same, but what device is controlled by which CSU
register is completely dependent on the SoC integration. You have to
consider the Security Reference Manual for i.MX6:

https://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=IMX6DQ6SDLSRM&appType=moderatedWithoutFAE&fasp=1&WT_TYPE=Reference%20Manuals&WT_VENDOR=FREESCALE&WT_FILE_FORMAT=pdf&WT_ASSET=Documentation&fileExt=.pdf&Parent_nodeId=1337694700967726419044&Parent_pageType=product

Regards
Stefan