Malloc / free ansd rump_fs ->Slab-backend exhausted

Sebastian Sumpf Sebastian.Sumpf at ...1...
Mon Aug 11 21:57:15 CEST 2014

Hi Wolfgang,

On 08/11/2014 04:12 PM, w_schmidt at ...181... wrote:
> Hi,
>
> further information:
>
> this seems to be happen only if rump_fs has a larger quota – the file
> can be larger if rump_fs has a smaller quota. (memory tests of the
> system have shown no errors so RAM should be okay)

this is indeed very strange. I hope you have a Genode version where
there is no Slab-Backend allocator, have a look at
'include/util/allocator_fap.h" in the dde_rump repository, there should
only be a PERR message with the slab warning left. Otherwise, our
current "Rump kernels" version is not up-to-date and they have fixed
some serious memory issues there (especially with the paging daemon).
If you have a current Genode version, then there is something wrong with
the memory accounting, which leads Rump to think it has got more memory
than the Genode quota actually suggests.

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Sumpf