genome and i.mx53 quick start board

Wed Apr 30 11:30:22 CEST 2014

Hello Sileshi,

On 04/29/2014 06:27 PM, Sileshi Demesie wrote:
> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> I am working on i.mx53 quick start board to manage the trust zone technology. I want to install genode on top of ubuntu or android so that I can run genode in the secure world and ubuntu/Android in the normal world. If can these two worlds , then I can to run trusted applications in the secure world(genode). Could you please give me brief explanation on how I can manage those things? thank you in advance.

Maybe it's just a translation issue, but your wish to install Genode on
top of Ubuntu/Android to run Genode in the secure world is the wrong
approach. If you want to run Genode within the secure world including
trusted applications, and some Linux derivate within the non-secure
world, you have to first boot Genode, and run Ubuntu/Android on top of
it, not vice versa.

Anyway, developing such a scenario is an ambitious undertaking. There is
no solution that runs out of the box. We've done some experiments
regarding your mentioned goal. Please have a look at the related article
published last month:

  http://genode.org/documentation/articles/trustzone

The experimental prototype was developed for the i.MX53 SABRE tablet,
and won't run on the i.MX53 QSB without additional work (e.g.: for the
i.MX53 QSB a Touchscreen driver is missing). You can find the whole
prototype example code, as well as a description how to enable it on the
SABRE tablet here:

  https://github.com/skalk/genode/tree/i.MX53_tablet_demo

https://github.com/skalk/genode/blob/i.MX53_tablet_demo/os/src/server/vmm/imx53/README

The fundamental support of the TrustZone world switch, and very simple
version of the Genode TrustZone "virtual machine monitor" used in the
example, is also part of the major Genode project. You might have a look
at the following run-script as an additional starting point:

  https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/blob/master/os/run/tz_vmm.run

I hope this helps you to go ahead.

Regards
Stefan