Next Release estimates?

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie at ...218...
Fri Apr 4 15:01:46 CEST 2014

Hi Norman,

My questions stem from the way that VirtualBox currently works on other
hosts in that you can have it look at the physical CDROM or an ISO on the
hard drive to boot from. Actually, I have been researching VB a bit as well
and it seems that there is also a way to make VB boot physical partitions
into a VM. This would be very good to have in the NOVA-Genode-VirtualBox
design as well.

As you know, one of my current goals is to basically make a full Type-1
hypervisor from the NOVA-Genode-VirtualBox solution which is functionally
similar to the older NOVA v0.3 DEMO but instead have VirtualBox for the
VMM's and in a Genode Nitpicker GUI but still retain the VERY NICE keyboard
navigation from that demo to switch between VM's, I could envision a very
nice Type-1 hypervisor out of this combination and could thrust Genode onto
the hypervisor stage to compete with XEN, Hyper-V, and VMware in this arena.

Also currently it seems that Genode does not have a filemanager nor desktop
manager  as well and I have also been looking at possibly trying to port an
existing open source linux or windows desktop manager over to Genode as
that would also greatly increase the popularity as well when people can
explore the OS a bit more as it evolves to a general OS.

Kind Regards and have a great day,
Lonnie