generation of booting file

Mon Sep 23 12:20:34 CEST 2013

Hello Harish,

On 09/19/2013 05:13 PM, Harish Krish wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to generate a '.elf' file for genode .
> When i executed the 'make' command in the build directory, i got the
> following error..

I assume, you're trying to execute a specific run script via 'make', like:

  make run/demo

If you just do a 'make' in your build directory, all applications
available in the repositories will be built, but no ready to use image
(like an ELF image, that can be booted via QEmU).

> make[2]: *** No rule to make target `jaricom.o', needed by `jpeg.lib.so'.
> Stop.
> make[1]: *** [jpeg.lib] Error 2
> make: *** [gen_deps_and_build_targets] Error 2
>

> How should i rectify this error and proceed with my task.

Obviously, one of the applications you're trying to build needs the jpeg
library, which is third party code ported to Genode. In general for
building third party code in Genode, you need to prepare (download,
unpack, patch) the original sources. Third party code is mainly used in
the following Genode toplevel directories:

  libports
  ports

To prepare third party code in these directories, step into them and do:

  make prepare

If you don't want to prepare all packages available, which might last
some time, you can prepare specific packages via the PKG variable, e.g.:

  make prepare PKG="jpeg"

To list all available packages, just type 'make help' in the
corresponding directories.

An introduction on how to build the Genode demonstration scenario for
various platforms can be found here:

  http://genode.org/documentation/developer-resources/getting_started

Regards
Stefan