Compiling Genode+Fiasco.OC for ARM

Sebastian Sumpf Sebastian.Sumpf at ...1...
Wed Oct 30 09:09:45 CET 2013

Hi,

On 10/29/2013 07:47 PM, Reinier Millo Sánchez wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm trying to compile Genode+Fiasco.OC for ARM.
> I have downloaded the Genode latest revision from:
>   https://github.com/genodelabs/genode
> and the Fiasco.OC+L4RE latest revision (r59) from:
>   http://svn.tudos.org/repos/oc/tudos/trunk/

I would not recommend to checkout Fiasco and L4RE by hand, instead I
would suggest do go to the 'base-foc' directory and enter 'make prepare'
there. This will checkout the kernel and other parts needed by Genode.
Currently this checkout will match SVN revision 56. So, if you have any
urgent reason to use r59, take a look in 'base-foc/contrib' and try to
checkout the same things for r59. The problem is, that we apply some
patches to Fiasco/L4RE, so things might not work correctly.

> I have copied the Fiasco.OC+L4RE to <genode>/base-foc/contrib folder.
> I have created my build directory and tried to compile it
>
>   ./tool/create_builddir foc_pbxa9 BUILD_DIR=build_arm
>   cd build_arm
>   make -j2 run/demo
>
> In this case, when it's trying to compile the moe server got this error, but when compiling the same sample for i386 don't use moe and compile without errors.
>   Building /home/millo/Work/Compiling/genode-master/build_arm/l4/pkg/moe/server/src/.general.d
>   make2: Leaving directory `/home/millo/Work/Compiling/genode-master/base-foc/contrib/l4/pkg/moe/server/src'
>   make2: Entering directory `/home/millo/Work/Compiling/genode-master/base-foc/contrib/l4/pkg/moe/server/src'
>   Library dependencies missing: libkproxy libloader l4re-util cxx_libc_io libc_be_minimal_log_io libsupc++_minimal in directory '/home/millo/Work/Compiling/genode-master/base-foc/contrib/l4/pkg/moe/server/src'; aborting.
>   make3: Entering directory `/home/millo/Work/Compiling/genode-master/build_arm/l4/pkg/moe/server/src/OBJ-arm_armv7a-l4f'
>   /home/millo/Work/Compiling/genode-master/base-foc/contrib/l4/mk/binary.inc:341: *** Cflags dependencies missing: libkproxy libloader l4re-util cxx_libc_io libc_be_minimal_log_io libsupc++_minimal in directory '/home/millo/Work/Compiling/genode-master/base-foc/contrib/l4/pkg/moe/server/src'; aborting.. Stop.

There is no need to build 'moe' for Genode. All that is required is the
kernel, 'bootstrap', and 'sigma0'. You could try to remove it from the
build system (see attached patch).

Greetings,

Sebastian
--