Choosing a Kernel

Neal H. Walfield neal at ...8...
Thu Oct 24 11:28:30 CEST 2013

Hi,

I'm looking to run Genode on an ARM Cortex A8.  I'm primarily
interested in the security properties of the resulting system.  I'm
explicitly not interested in running multiple OS personalities or
doing virtualization.  What I do want is as pure an object capability
system as possible and as small an attack surface as possible.  This
seems to suggest Fiasco.OC or OKL4, but perhaps the bare hardware
kernel is better.  I think NOVA doesn't come into question, because it
only runs on x86.

I couldn't find much information about the bare hardware kernel.  I'd
appreciate any pointers.

Thanks!

:) Neal