PCI passthrough in vancouver

Salscheider, Niels Ole niels.ole.salscheider at ...208...
Wed Oct 23 14:36:41 CEST 2013

Hello,

I am trying to implement PCI passthrough in vancouver when using NOVA.

For PCI passthrough, I have to handle MessageHostOp::OP_ATTACH_MSI
(amongst others). This requires modifications to the Irq_connection /
Irq_session. My current plan is to pass the bdf value through to the
Irq_proxy_component, where I can use it to get the pci config space.
This is then passed to the assign_gsi syscall.
Apart from that, I have added two functions to read back the msi address
and data.

However, my current implementation hangs when I try to get the first
device from a Pci::Connection in Irq_proxy_component.
Does it make sense to pass the bdf value to the Irq_proxy_component or
would you suggest another way to design the Irq_connection interface?

Regards,

Ole
Intel GmbH
Dornacher Strasse 1
85622 Feldkirchen/Muenchen, Deutschland
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Christian Lamprechter, Hannes Schwaderer, Douglas Lusk
Registergericht: Muenchen HRB 47456
Ust.-IdNr./VAT Registration No.: DE129385895
Citibank Frankfurt a.M. (BLZ 502 109 00) 600119052