ahci_drv and part_blk on real hard disk

Sebastian Sumpf Sebastian.Sumpf at ...1...
Tue May 21 16:51:35 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 05/20/2013 04:01 AM, yuqing wang wrote:

> Thank you for your explanation.
> I omit part_blk and get the partition table of my hard disk.
> But the L4linux can not use the hard disk.I mean use fdisk command in
> l4linux just find no device,so I can not mount any partition of my hard
> disk.
> At first I think  I should change some config of l4linux,but I am not
> sure whether it is the point.

I guess the issue is, that the device nodes for the partitions must be
created first. Check for the major number of '/dev/sda' (in L4Linux),
which should give you something like this:

brw-r--r-- 1 root root 254, 0 Jul 24  2012 sda

Here the major number of 'sda' is 254. For each partition you now need
to create a device node with a different minor number. Minor numbers 1
through 4 symbolize primary partitions, while number 5 to X mean logical
partitions.

Example creating a device node for the first primary partition:

mknod /dev/sda1 b 254 1

You should now be able to mount sda1.

Regards,

Sebastian