tow devices share one interrupt

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Tue May 21 11:14:30 CEST 2013

Hello,

> you mentioned GPU.how can i use the panda GPU?Maybe i should write a
> driver?or should i enhance the nitpicker and nitfb?

this is challenging because most GPU vendors (such as for the GPU used
in OMAP4 / Pandaboard) do not publish documentation for their devices.
Even though the in-kernel part of their drivers are available as Open
Source code, the most part of the drivers comes in the form of libraries
that are proprietary. This makes it difficult to enable those devices on
non-Linux OSes.

For Intel GPUs (which are documented!), we have done preliminary work
some years ago but we haven't followed up on this development. See:

http://genode.org/documentation/release-notes/10.08#Gallium3D_and_Intel%27s_Graphics_Execution_Manager

> i am not familiar with the GPU.will you let the genode system support GPU in the future?

Currently, there are no tangible plans to do so. The focus of our
current line of work lies in different areas. See our road map:

  http://genode.org/about/road-map

Technically, we'd actually be excited to work on the GPU topic. However,
as this is a pretty huge undertaking, we won't be able to address it in
the short term without external help or funding.