how to pass event to l4linux

Matthias Lange mlange at ...37...
Wed May 8 12:25:24 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 12:02:52PM +0200, Norman Feske wrote:

> I guess the problem lies in the nitpicker GUI server, which normally
> responds to mouse-button events, in particular the left mouse button. It
> interprets those events by setting the input-routing policy according to
> where the user clicked with the mouse. However, you are merely
> submitting 'BTN_TOUCH' events. So nitpicker won't interpret those. The
> easiest fix would be to let the driver generate 'BTN_LEFT' events
> instead of 'BTN_TOUCH' events. This way, nitpicker would see the kind of
> events it is expecting. Alternatively, we could change nitpicker to also
> respond to 'BTN_TOUCH' events.

In order for the Android input system to correctly work you should report
BTN_TOUCH events to Android. On L4Re the L4Linux fb driver has the option
l4fb.touchscreen which results in the fb driver implicitly converting BTN_LEFT
events into BTN_TOUCH.

However, the best way is, if the (native) input driver conforms to Linux's
multitouch protocol.

Best,
Matthias.

--
Dipl.-Inf. Matthias Lange <mlange at ...37...>
Security in Telecommunications