How to use console line on linux? and l4android?

Mon May 6 10:18:59 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 05/02/2013 03:38 PM, longjks wrote:
> hi,
> How can  I want to use console line on serial line.
> When I debugging, it is not convenient without command line on serial line.

if you want to use the serial line as terminal interface, and not for
logging purposes, or to interact with the kernel debugger only, there
exist two possibilities.

The first most convenient one is to enable a second UART interface of
the Pandaboard (via its expansion connectors), and use the Genode's UART
driver for the Pandaboard, which provides a UART session. A UART session
in Genode is derived from the terminal session type, therefore you can
directly connect e.g. the l4android process to use that UART driver as
its terminal.

If you don't want or aren't able to use a second UART interface, another
approach would be to use the Fiasco.OC specific UART driver that simply
connects to the Fiasco.OC kernel debugger. It can be found under:
'os/src/drivers/uart/kdb'.

The drawback of the latter approach is, that your terminal sessions
might get polluted by logging messages of Genode's core process, and the
Fiasco.OC kernel.

Another component that might be of interest for you is the terminal
multiplexer. In combination with the terminal multiplexer service
('gems/src/server/terminal_mux') you can use one and the same terminal
session (e.g.: a UART line) in combination with several terminal
clients. An run script example that combines the terminal multiplexer,
and the UART kdb driver can be found in 'gems/run/terminal_mux.run'.

Regards
Stefan