Memory for statics

Daniel Waddington daniel.waddington at ...161...
Fri Mar 29 17:14:49 CET 2013

Hi,
I have a situation where if I declare a certain static class (as a
static member of a declared class) I seem to run out of memory during
program load.  void * operator new (Genode::size_t size,
Genode::Allocator *allocator) tries to throw an exception, but this
seems to turn into a page fault may be because it is unhandled.  Is
there a limit on the BSS size or something?  I'm now thinking I should
avoid this anyway, but I am intrigued to know what is going on.

Best,
Daniel