static linking libc.

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Thu Mar 28 08:14:30 CET 2013

Hi Daniel,

> I have a problem with all my threads in a multi-threaded program
> dead-locking on some (cancelable) lock in ld.lib.so.  At this point it

I wonder if this problem may be related to an issue that was recently fixed:

https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/commit/764a3656a1385185e635bb4fdac8e8fca857ed74

The symptom was a deadlock in the cxx library that occurred when an
exception was thrown during a memory allocation. See the comment in the
commit for more details.

> is difficult to tell what is happening.  Is there a way to force libc to
> link statically?

Generally, this is possible by removing the 'SHARED_LIB = yes'
declaration from the respective build-description file. In your case,
that would be 'libports/lib/mk/libc.mk'.