Using C++11 by default

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Sat Mar 23 14:08:49 CET 2013

Hello,

I would like to go with the times and switch Genode to use C++11 by
default. This will enable us to solve a number of problems in a more
elegant way, e.g., by using variadic templates for the RPC framework, we
can possibly get rid of the current limit of the number of RPC functions
supported by the 'GENODE_RPC_INTEFACE' declarations.

Are there any objections from Genode users? For example, is anyone of
you still using a custom tool chain that does not support C++11?

If no one disagrees, I would go forward and add '-std=gnu++11' as
default argument to g++.