Conquering NUMA land

Daniel Waddington daniel.waddington at ...161...
Mon Mar 18 18:16:36 CET 2013

Hi Norman,

I agree with Udo's comment about needing to be more flexible about
resource partitioning across v-cores.  Of course you might use
configuration scripts to help configure v-cores initially, but it is
important to be able to dynamically adjust partitions at run-time
according to workload needs.  You should strive to separate the concerns
of enabling NUMA and the policies behind NUMA.

I think that you can only evaluate the success of your NUMA capabilities
with real applications.  Hopefully we can help you there.

Daniel