error in make run/l4linux on fiasco.oc

Sebastian Sumpf Sebastian.Sumpf at ...1...
Mon Mar 11 15:22:57 CET 2013

Hi,

On 03/10/2013 02:36 PM, yuqing wang wrote:

> i want to get the l4linux running.i followed the step according to
> source tree file --genode/base-foc/doc/foc.txt.i did make prepare in
> 'ports-foc' and 'dde_ipxe' repository in genode source tree. i edited
> the 'etc/build.conf' file in my build directory,and uncomment the
> following line :
> REPOSITORIES += $(GENODE_DIR)/dde_ipxe
> REPOSITORIES += $(GENODE_DIR)/ports-foc
> i downloaded the 'inird.gz' file and resided it in 'bin' in my build
> directory.
> i thought i did everything well, but when i make run/l4linx ,there comes
> a issue,here is the message:
>
> using run script /home/wangyuqing/下载/genode/base-foc/run/env
> using run script /home/wangyuqing/下载/genode/ports-foc/run/l4linux.run
> building targets: core init drivers/timer drivers/uart
> drivers/framebuffer l4linux drivers/nic drivers/pci drivers/input/ps2
> spawn make core init drivers/timer drivers/uart drivers/framebuffer
> l4linux drivers/nic drivers/pci drivers/input/ps2
> make[1]: 正在进入目录 `/home/wangyuqing/下载/genode_focx86_builddir'
> checking library dependencies...
> Skip target core/arndale because it requires arm foc_arndale
> Skip target core/imx53 because it requires arm foc_imx53
> Skip target core/panda because it requires arm foc_panda
> Skip target core/pbxa9 because it requires arm foc_pbxa9
> Skip target core/vea9x4 because it requires arm foc_vea9x4
> Skip target drivers/framebuffer/fiasco_ux because it requires fiasco
> Skip target drivers/framebuffer/omap4 because it requires omap4
> Skip target drivers/framebuffer/pl11x/pbxa9 because it requires pl11x
> platform_pbxa9
> Skip target drivers/framebuffer/pl11x/vea9x4 because it requires pl11x
> platform_vea9x4
> Skip target drivers/framebuffer/pl11x/vpb926 because it requires pl11x
> platform_vpb926
> Skip target drivers/framebuffer/sdl because it requires linux sdl
> Skip target drivers/input/ps2/pl050 because it requires pl050
> Skip target drivers/nic/lan9118 because it requires lan9118
> Skip target drivers/nic/linux because it requires linux
> Skip target drivers/pci/device_pd because it requires nova
> Skip target drivers/uart/omap4 because it requires omap4
> Skip target drivers/uart/pl011 because it requires pl011
> Skip target l4linux/arm because it requires arm
>   Program drivers/framebuffer/pl11x/
>   Library platform
>   Library cxx
>   Library syscall
>   Library startup
>   Library base-common
>   Library base
>   Library blit
>   Program drivers/framebuffer/vesa/vesa_drv
>   Program drivers/input/ps2/x86/ps2_drv
>   Library alarm
>   Library dde_kit
>   Library dde_ipxe_support
>   Library dde_ipxe_nic
>   Program drivers/nic/nic_drv
>   Program drivers/pci/x86/pci_drv
>   Library timer
> [...]

For this run script, the Genode's PCI driver doesn't get enough of
memory. Looking for "pci_drv" in 'ports-foc/run/l4linux.run' and
changing the 'RAM' quantum from 1 to 2M should fix the issue.

Please note: In this example you will see the L4Linux output on the
visible serial console, Fiasco's and Genode's log message will go the
'kdb.log' file located within the directory where you executed the 'make
run/l4linux' command.

Regards,

Sebastian

--