Pci driver can not handle multiple root complex system

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Tue Jun 18 20:33:17 CEST 2013

Hello,

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 05:14:31PM +0000, Jilong Kuang - SISA wrote:
> I guess the reason why current code doesn't cover all devices is
> that it assumes all devices can be scanned through recursive
> function call starting from bus 0 (a single tree structure).
> However, when there are multiple root complexes, there are more than
> one tree. So one has to explicitly jump to the next root node and
> search its tree.

Is there any documentation or best practice how to discover "root
nodes"? Do we need ACPI or other platform information for that?
Scanning through all possible PCI nodes sounds not desirable as it
takes its time.

Christian Helmuth