Porting on i.MX6

Aditya Kousik adit267.kousik at ...9...
Wed Jul 10 05:23:10 CEST 2013

Hello

Firstly, thank you for patiently replying to our queries and debugging
issues so far.

We're trying to port Genode onto an i.MX6, which we've realised is no easy
task. Our initial approach to this was to tweak existing i.Mx53 files and
make corresponding changes (arm cortex a9, created imx6 related folders in
include). As pointed out to us by Stefan, this was completely off track as
the memory layout may be mixed up (or many more issues).

Here's a brief reboot of our attempt:
1. edit create_builddir to add a rule for imx6 board and added
build.conf.hw_imx6 in builddir folder.
2. modify board_base.h in base/include/platform/imx6/drivers and fill with
addresses by referring to the imx6 reference manual. (We also added
CORTEX_A9_CLOCK and private memory base)
3. read through the Makefile and added spec-hw_imx6 and spec-platform_imx6
respectively.
4. created imx6 folder with files in os/include/platform/imx6 as well. (All
with imx53 as reference)

Make:
Since the drivers for imx6 would take a long time to code, we are NOT
running demo.run. We tried to build hello.run (without building
drivers/timer) according the instructions given in your site.

We're getting the following error:
Program core/imx6/core
    COMPILE  _main.o
    ASSEMBLE boot_modules.o
    COMPILE  console.o
    COMPILE  context_area.o
    COMPILE  cpu_session_component.o
    COMPILE  cpu_session_support.o
    ASSEMBLE crt0.o
    COMPILE  dataspace_component.o
    COMPILE  dump_alloc.o
    COMPILE  io_mem_session_component.o
    COMPILE  io_mem_session_support.o
    COMPILE  irq_session_component.o
    COMPILE  kernel.o
    COMPILE  kernel_support.o
    COMPILE  main.o
make[3]: *** No rule to make target `mode_transition.o', needed by `core'.
Stop.
make[2]: *** [core.prg] Error 2
make[1]: *** [gen_deps_and_build_targets] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/media/work/assorted/genode/imx'
Error: Genode build failed
make: *** [run/hello] Error 255

Thanks and regards
Aditya