u-boot files - device specific?

Mon Jul 8 10:54:54 CEST 2013

Hi Aditya,

On 07/08/2013 08:48 AM, Aditya Kousik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to run Genode on an i.MX6. And I've tried copying uImage. But
> that doesn't seem to be enough. I came across this :
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.os.genode.devel/813

I hope you're not trying to use the uImage build for i.MX53 on a i.MX6
platform? Apart from u-boot, the kernel, as well as Genode's core
process, and drivers are hardly bound not only to the SoC (i.MX53 or
i.MX6), but also to the board the SoC is built in. So you can't just run
the same image built for i.MX53 Quickstart board without modifications
on some i.MX6 board.

Regards
Stefan