Dataspaces and sub-region mapping

Daniel Waddington waddy16925 at ...9...
Tue Jul 2 02:54:12 CEST 2013

Hi,
I have a server which own as Ram_dataspace and dishes it out to client's
by using sub-rm attachments.

If I pass back to the client the Dataspace_capability for the sub-rm, am
I correct in saying that the client cannot get to the physical address
of the mapped region since this is a Dataspace not a Ram_dataspace?
This this case I'd need to pass it back explicitly as an extra param.

Also, can you clarify the difference between Dataspace and Ram_dataspace
and how you can convert (if at all) between the two?

Thanks
Daniel