Nova 32 bits on older Pentium 4 computer.

Alexander Boettcher alexander.boettcher at ...1...
Wed Jan 23 16:08:24 CET 2013

Hello Paul,

thanks for your traces ! I could reproduce with your log the issue. Can
you please give the following patch a try, whether it works for you too ?

On 23.01.2013 12:45, Paul Dufresne wrote:
> This 0-1000 address you are trying to give VESA... this is virtual memory?
No, the driver is requesting the physical page at address zero.

> I was asking because when I did read that one of the goal about 2013.2
> release was:
>   * IOMMU support on NOVA
> I remember to have read that IOMMU is often found on motherboard
> having PCI express.
> This one is AGP I think. So it might well not have IOMMU.

The issue has nothing to do with the IOMMU. Beside that, the IOMMU
support of the NOVA kernel shipped with Genode is disabled and would
have to be enabled explicitly to take any effect.

Cheers,

Alex.