[memory issue] i see a issue when i build demo with linux_x86 mode.

Christian Prochaska christian.prochaska at ...1...
Fri Jan 18 07:28:41 CET 2013

Hello,

On 17.01.2013 15:19, ??? wrote:
> Samsung Enterprise Portal mySingle
>

> Dear. Genode .
>

> I saw a issue when i build demo program with linux_x86 mode.
>
> See bold text at following printed text.
>
> I think that init process of genode is always received 79 MB memory space when genode started.
>
> I want to manipulate memory size up to about 500 MB.
>
> Could you please advice me to solve this issue.
>

> int main():153: --- create local services ---
> int main():204: --- start init ---
> int main():227: *transferred 79 MB to init*
> int main():234: --- init created, waiting for exit condition ---
> [init] parent provides
> [init] service "ROM"
> [init] service "RAM"
> [init] service "IRQ"
> [init] service "IO_MEM"
> [init] service "IO_PORT"
> [init] service "CAP"
> [init] service "PD"
> [init] service "RM"
> [init] service "CPU"
>
> Best regards.
>
> Eunseok

you can change this memory limit in the file 'base-linux/src/core/platform.cc', it's the line which says:

static char _core_mem[80*1024*1024];

Christian