about platform_execute in usb_drv

Sebastian Sumpf Sebastian.Sumpf at ...1...
Tue Jan 8 11:31:31 CET 2013

Hello Jaeyong,

On 01/08/2013 03:26 AM, jaeyong yoo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Could you explain about the intend behind platform_execute in usb_drv?
> I see it is similar to executing a function but it uses stack allocated
> by dde_kit_simple_malloc, and I don't understand why.

This function is used to switch the stack and execute a given function.
Since stack switching has to be performed in assembly, the function must
be implemented for each platform (e.g. ARM, x86). In the great picture
this is part of a very simple user-threading implementation. Each
"pseudo" thread needs a stack to need lose its call trace, such a thread
is scheduled using setjmp/longjmp calls (see:
dde_linux/src/drivers/usb/routine.h).

Regards,

Sebastian

--