Question regarding Rm_client::unmap in Fiasco.OC

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Wed Jan 2 09:55:10 CET 2013

Hello Jaeyong,

> It results in calling l4_task_unmap multiple times with the same
> parameters. I'm just concern that this may not cause anything
> harmful.

your observation is spot-on. There are indeed redundant unmap
operations. Even though they are producing no harm, it would be
worthwhile to eliminate them nevertheless. I have just created the
following topic at our issue tracker and added my thoughts:

  https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/issues/595

Thank you very much for sharing your findings!