Native_capability as [out] parameters

Mon Feb 18 10:15:05 CET 2013

Hi Daniel,

On 02/14/2013 08:33 PM, Daniel Waddington wrote:
> Hi,
> Can I pass Native_capability types as [out] parameters using
> "Native_capability *" type - with the cross-process mapping happening?
> Most of the examples use only use the return value to do [out]
> capabilities.  i.e. GENODE_RPC(Rpc_foo,int,foo,Genode::Native_capability
> *) doesn't seem to work, but there might be something else afoot.

actually it should work the way you've described it. I've tested it
right now by extending the hello example the same way, and the
capability was successfully transfered to the calling client as an argument.
By the way, why do you use Native_capability instead of Capability?
Although both should work, I would use the generic Capability class,
especially in an interface.

Best regards
Stefan