Latest Attempt at GENODE on NOVA

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Sat Dec 28 19:28:35 CET 2013

Hi Lonnie,

your Qemu output looks quite fine - similar to the output of my
(successful) test. Both USB mouse and keyboard are detected by the USB
driver. I have to click into the Qemu window to move Genode's mouse
cursor though.

Just as a guess regarding your test machine, maybe the failure is caused
by the use of the IOMMU, which is enabled for NOVA by default? To rule
out this possible problem, could you please try to remove the "iommu"
argument from the NOVA hypervisor by editing the line 76 of
base-nova/run/env as follows:

     puts $fh " module /hypervisor iommu serial"
 ->  puts $fh " module /hypervisor serial"

As another test, you could restrict the USB driver to not touch USB 3.0
by removing the 'xhci="yes"' configuration at ports/run/seoul.inc line 251:

     <config uhci="yes" ehci="yes" xhci="yes">
 ->  <config uhci="yes" ehci="yes">

For getting deeper insights into what does wrong on your test machine,
I'd recommend to use Intel AMT to capture the serial output of the
machine over the network.