Porting on i.MX6

Kaushik Raghavan r.kaushik.raghavan at ...9...
Mon Dec 23 06:37:51 CET 2013

Hi Nikolay,
I'm trying to port genode onto i.MX6. I cloned your work to see if it works
on my MX6Q-sabrelite. I followed the following steps:
1. ./tool/create_builddir hw_imx6 BUILD_DIR=imx6
2. In imx6, I did a RUN_OPT="--target uboot" make run/printf
3. I transferred the uImage using tftpboot at 0x20000000
4. bootm 0x20000000
It reaches the "starting kernel" stage and gets stuck there.

I did a readelf to see if the address I chose overlaps the bootloader. It
doesn't seem to.
*Output:*

 Entry point 0x10005d70

Program Headers:

Type    Offset       VirtAddr      PhysAddr      FileSiz    MemSiz     Align

EXIDX   0x07dd3c     0x1007dd3c    0x1007dd3c    0x018a8    0x018a8    0x4

LOAD    0x001000     0x10001000    0x10001000    0x47fc0    0x47fc0
0x8000
LOAD    0x049000     0x10049000    0x10049000    0x39768    0x262c55
0x8000

Any pointers on where I'm going wrong?

Regards
kaushik