A20-OLinuXino-MICRO-4GB

buzz heavyyear buzzheavyyear at ...16...
Tue Dec 17 15:36:26 CET 2013

Hi Martin
It's a Cortex-A7 - I'm hoping that the assembler is 100% compatible. If not, I'll dig down into the linux that the AOlinuXino refers to.
Thanks for taking time to outline the structure I need to set up.
Very best, and if I don't manage to post before the 25th, have a great xmas %*}Nick

Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 15:06:27 +0100
From: martin.stein at ...1...
To: genode-main at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: A20-OLinuXino-MICRO-4GB

    Hi Nick,

      Nice to hear that you're intending to port base-hw to
      A20-OLinuXino :-) Currently there are 3 Cortex-A9 boards
      officially supported by base-hw: VEA9X4, PBXA9, and the
      Pandaboard. You can refer to any of these boards. Looking e.g. at
      PBXA9, you can see that basically the following files must be
      implemented for your board:

      base/mk/spec-platform_<BOARD>.mk

      base/include/platform/<BOARD>/drivers/board_base.h

      base-hw/mk/spec-hw_<BOARD>.mk

      base-hw/src/core/<BOARD>/tlb.h

      base-hw/src/core/<BOARD>/target.mk

      base-hw/src/core/<BOARD>/timer.h

      base-hw/src/core/<BOARD>/pic.h

      base-hw/src/core/<BOARD>/platform_support.cc

      base-hw/src/core/<BOARD>/cpu.h

      To add support for your board in the builddir tool you should add

      hw_<BOARD>::

          @echo "SPECS = genode hw_<BOARD>" >
      $(BUILD_DIR)/etc/specs.conf

      to tool/create_builddir and copy
      tool/builddir/etc/build.conf.hw_pbxa9 to
      tool/builddir/etc/build.conf.hw_<BOARD>.

      Cortex-A9 brings its own core timer and interrupt controller, so
      the only thing left is a UART driver. Either one of the drivers in
      base/include/drivers/uart/ fit or you should implement your own at
      this place. To install the driver afterwards you should create
      base-hw/include/<UARTNAME>/drivers/serial_log.h (for
      instance PBXA9 uses base-hw/include/pl011/drivers/serial_log.h)
      and add UARTNAME to SPECS in your
      base/mk/spec-platform_<BOARD>.mk. After that Genode::printf
      should print to the UART.

      Assuming that the Cortex-A9 / ARMv7 revision of your board and the
      board you used as reference do not differ, you should be able to
      run a first scenario after this. If you have further questions do
      not hesitate to ask  ;-)

      Greetings,

      Martin