Cannot find dynamic linker binary.

Edgar Klerks edgar.klerks at ...9...
Mon Dec 9 18:07:44 CET 2013

Hi List,

I am trying to add some libraries in my build.conf:

LIBS = base libm

But it doesn't seem to load. The error message I get is:

[init] Could not open file "ld.lib.so"
[init] Dynamically linked file found, but no dynamic linker binary present
[init] unknown exception?
[init] Dynamically linked file found, but no dynamic linker binary present
[init] unknown exception?

I am using the nova_x86_32 kernel, but on other kernels this also happens.
If I remove libm my image works again. I haven't found anything to build a
dynamic linker in the source.

Steps I did:

create build dir.

add libports to etc/build.conf
add my source repository to the build dir

make prepare PKG=libc && make prepare PKG=stdcxx

make run/something

The run script starts up qemu. The kernel boots.

And then in qemu it cannot find a linker binary.

How should I add libraries to my project? I am probably missing some stupid
step.

Greets,

Edgar Klerks