tool/run: can't cancel 'run_genode_until forever'

Christian Prochaska christian.prochaska at ...1...
Thu Aug 8 12:05:34 CEST 2013

On 08/08/2013 10:53 AM, Martin Stein wrote:
> When executing a run test that does 'run_genode_until forever'
> and the test stucks irrecoverable somewhere it's not possible
> for me to cancel the process via [strg + c] in contrast to the
> same situation with 'run_genode_until "STRING" TIMEOUT'.

The difference with 'forever' is the invocation of the 'interact'
command, which apparently gives full terminal control to the spawned
process (QEMU). The good thing about that is that it makes it possible
to enter the Fiasco.OC kernel debugger via the 'Esc' key. Interrupting
QEMU should work with 'Ctrl+x a'.

Christian