how to install Genode on PC machine

Ivan Loskutov loskutov.ivan at ...9...
Mon Apr 15 07:40:16 CEST 2013

Hi Jian,
If you have the same issue with memory, try to load modules to large memory
region.
I have following memory layout on my PC (this log from bootstrap):
  RAM: 0000000000000000 - 000000000009ebff: 635kB
  RAM: 0000000000100000 - 000000001fffffff: 523264kB
  RAM: 0000000020200000 - 000000003fffffff: 522240kB
  RAM: 0000000040200000 - 00000000bbd36fff: 2026716kB
  RAM: 00000000bcde8000 - 00000000bcde8fff: 4kB
  RAM: 00000000bce73000 - 00000000bcffffff: 1588kB
My loader has tried to boot to the first region 0000000000100000 -
000000001fffffff and cannot fit image to memory. I've hardcoded for
startaddress 0x40200000 (my biggest region) and modify
modaddr in the boot script to 0x80000000. After this changes l4linux can
work on my hardware.
Maybe you have different issues. I don't know, sorry. I haven't
investigated this issue with memory, I've only found the fast solution for
my case.

--
Ivan Loskutov

2013/4/15 Jian Liu <gjk.liu at ...9...>

>       Jian LIU
> ----
> email to: gjk.liu at ...9...
>

> 2013/4/14 Ivan Loskutov <loskutov.ivan at ...9...>
>
>> Hi Jian,
>> 1) I've used iPXE because it has good code and I can change this for my
>> needs. Grub seems more difficult for modifications for me. Second cause
>> - network boot is better for debuging. You can modify Grub or your other
>> prefered bootloader.
>>

>    Hi Ivan,
>
>       Could you give more directions about how to modify Grub?  For
> example, which codes should be done? and what is aim of change? I am
> familiar with Grub code and will try to do it. Thanks again.
>
>  Best,
>
>       Jian

Ivan Loskutov

2013/4/15 Jian Liu <gjk.liu at ...9...>

>       Jian LIU
> ----
> email to: gjk.liu at ...9...
>

> 2013/4/14 Ivan Loskutov <loskutov.ivan at ...9...>
>
>> Hi Jian,
>> 1) I've used iPXE because it has good code and I can change this for my
>> needs. Grub seems more difficult for modifications for me. Second cause
>> - network boot is better for debuging. You can modify Grub or your other
>> prefered bootloader.
>>

>    Hi Ivan,
>
>       Could you give more directions about how to modify Grub?  For
> example, which codes should be done? and what is aim of change? I am
> familiar with Grub code and will try to do it. Thanks again.
>
>  Best,
>
>       Jian

Ivan Loskutov