l4android can not run rightly on Pandaboard?

Thu Apr 11 18:12:54 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 04/11/2013 04:31 PM, longjks wrote:
> hi,
>
> Stefan wrote:
>
>>I've used current master branch of Genode's Github repository. You can
>
>>simply checkout the branch, where I've put the run-script into:
>>repo:   git://github.com/skalk/genode.git
>>branch: l4android-panda
>
> Using the current master branch fo Genode's Github repository, I can run
> Android on my PandaBoard.
> thanks for you help.^-^
> From the l4android.run script, I know that I got root-arm-ginger.gz and
> systemarm-ginger.img from the url below:
>  "http://genode.org/files/release-11.11/l4lx/root-arm-ginger.gz"
>  "http://genode.org/files/release-11.11/l4lx/system-arm-ginger.img"
> Do you modify the source code of Android ( Gingerbread) and initramfs?

The images are taken from the L4Android project: http://l4android.org/
I think I've modified the initramfs a bit, so that it will use our block
device. But to be honest: I can't remember anymore.

> Can I run other version of Android(like Ice Cream Sandwich)on Pandaboard?

I've never tried that before. It'll depend on, whether the L4Android
patch contains all necessary Android patches. Moreover, you'll probably
have to build an own Android system image. Maybe you should ask that
question on the L4Android mailing list, there is some chance somebody
did that work before:

Stefan