[ Error report ] when we setting static IP in lwip_nic_init function .....

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Fri Sep 7 12:04:24 CEST 2012

Hello 김은석,

I opened a new issue in our tracker for your request. You can find it
at https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/issues/349. We will leave
comments and questions there while working on it.

On Fri, Sep 07, 2012 at 08:50:07AM +0000, 김은석 wrote:
> If I can't using static IP, i am to dynamic IP.
> How to connect to DHCP server when i using dhcp server with
> libc_lwip_nic_dhcp library.
>
> And, How to configure source code or run script file.

We're not doing anything special on our DHCP server, it's just
connected to the same LAN as the Pandaboard and hands out addresses
from a dynamic range to unknown MAC addresses (like those of the
Genode lwip instances). In fact, your lwip applications look like any
other network host to the server, e.g. a laptop.

Therefore, the example code under libports/src/test/lwip/http_srv and
the run script libports/run/lwip.run a setup for this standard
environment.

If your development environment does not provide a dedicated LAN with
a DHCP server, I'm afraid it's up to you to connect the Pandaboards
and any Linux host to a network switch and setup a DHCP server
(e.g., ISC DHCP or udhcpd). If you wish, I could send you my simple
netboot scripts.

Christian Helmuth