Bug of 1G memory use.

Mon Oct 15 15:46:03 CEST 2012

Hello Vladimir,

thank you for your bug report. I can confirm that one runs into trouble
when giving L4Linux much more memory than in the currently available
run-scripts. This seems to be no Pandaboard-specific issue. Although the
symptoms are different on different platforms. I've opened a
corresponding issue in our issue tracker at Github:

  https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/issues/414

Is the usage of more than 500 MB (that seems to work) on the Pandaboard
currently on the critical-path for you?

With regards to the kernel-assertion you've triggered after adding more
memory to the Realview platform in Fiasco.OC/L4Re: such kernel internal
faults can be analyzed much better by the developers of the Fiasco.OC
kernel themselves. Have a look at the l4-hackers mailing-list which is
used mainly by the Fiasco.OC developers:

Best regards
Stefan