Trouble porting linux driver to DDE Kit

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Thu Oct 11 20:10:16 CEST 2012

Hi Ivan,

great that you are preparing your work for the inclusion into our main
development tree!

Once you created a branch based on current genodelabs/master and
cherry-picked your changes on top of that branch, it's all set. No
additional steps are needed. Just open an issue and mention the
corresponding commit IDs or a link to the branch. Personally, I prefer
opening plain issues over the pull request feature of GitHub.

It turned out to be a good practice to reference the issue number from
the commit message. For example, by stating "Refers to issue #1234"
(including the hash symbol), the commit ID will automatically appear in
the discussion of issue #1234. If the commit message contains the magic
words "Fixes #1234", Github will automatically close the issue as soon
as the commit enters one of the genodelabs/staging or genodelabs/master
branches. That's pretty convenient.