Re: SD service of Genode master branch for Fiasco.OC / PandaBoard doesn’t start

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Thu Oct 4 14:11:46 CEST 2012

Hello,

thank your for the excellent bug report and your investigation. We could
reproduce the issue.

The root cause turned out to be somewhere else, more specifically it is
an uninitialized member variable in core's I/O-memory 'Dataspace_attr'.
With the old Fiasco.OC version, this bug did not trigger because memory
was never mapped as write combined. Revision 40 of the kernel fixes that
and consequently triggered the bug in core. The fix is available in the
master branch. Here is the patch for reference:

https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/commit/077573015574f9df5edddede9a2ad709677d60db

Thanks again!
Norman