L2 cache

Vasily A. Sartakov sartakov at ...104...
Wed Nov 28 09:56:30 CET 2012

Hi there.

Inspired by article about Genode and Pandaboard, we have tried to turn on L2 cache on same board. Two patches are attached. One of them - new L2 features for foc kernel, extracted from linux and u-boot, the other one - small example for testing cache. This example show increasing performance on  memory operations with block sized more then L1. ( We made 4 tests: without L2, block size equal L1, block size equal quarter of L2; with L2 for same blocks)     Based on this I make assumption what L2 work correct. But USB host driver is stuck on boot. There were problems of opposition L2 and USB, something has changed?

Thanks.

--
Sartakov A. Vasily