base-foc: contrib compile errors

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Wed Nov 14 14:45:18 CET 2012

Hello,

please let me self-reply as Martin and me found out what went wrong on
his machine...

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 08:14:09PM +0100, Christian Helmuth wrote:
> Maybe you could sneak in 'strace -f -o /tmp/l' in the make recipe to
> get a log of what really happens. Please lookout for 'execve'.

We did a quick 'which cpp', which lead us to '/usr/local/bin/cpp'.
This binary belonged to a rather old version (4.3.x) of the GCC tool
chain, which did not recognize the parameters (esp. -P) correctly. The
follow up question is: Why does the build system end up in
/usr/local/bin though we configured the Genode tool chain correctly?

The reason lies in the mentioned Makefile for the third-party
bootstrap component. I opened a bug report at

  https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/issues/490

Greets
--
Christian Helmuth