Influence of application priority on IPC

Sergey Grekhov grekhss at ...129...
Sun Nov 11 14:33:40 CET 2012

Hello to everyone!

I have a question about influence of application priority on IPC
messaging mechanism.
Let's say I have two applications (client and server) which use IPC for
communication with each other. In run script I set the priority of
client to default value (no priority specified) and the priority of
server to -1 (value of prio_levels is equal to 2).
The question is quite simple: is there any determined dependency between
changing the priority of applications and possible collisions of IPC
calls? For example, what if both priorities are set to default values or
to -1? And if there is a suspect of lost IPC messages, then how this
hypothesis can be checked?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Sergey.