Query

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Mon May 28 09:23:56 CEST 2012

Hello Naveen,

>      I was making the first application in okl4 microkernel in genode.First
> I add the repositories path in to the "buildingfile/etc/build.conf".Then i
> gave "make and make make hello/server and make hello/client" command.
> When i was running the application then i did not find any config file in
> "building directory/bin/config".

posting the orginal error message would be of help. Without seeing the
actual log output of the error, I am left to guessing what goes wrong.

Have you written a run script for your experiment? (maybe you have taken
the one of 'hello_tutorial/run/hello.run' as starting point)?

With such a run script in place, all you need is to issue 'make
run/hello'. This step will build, configure, integrate and run your
scenario (in qemu).

The individual steps differ from platform to platform. For example,
producing a boot image for OKL4 is a completely different story than
producing one for Fiasco. To see what happens under the hood when
executing a run script targeting a particular platform, please refer to
respective the <base-platform/run/env' files.