Query

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Tue May 22 17:20:18 CEST 2012

Hello,

>> I already installed python 2.7.Still I'm getting this error.
>
> Nevertheless, you're missing a 'python2' symbolic link to your python2.7
> binary in one of your binary-pathes. Not all Linux distributions might
> follow the convention to provide a python2 symbolic link by default.
>
> You can create such a symbolic link manually. Please, make sure that you
> can type python2 in your terminal without getting an "No such file or
> directory" error before trying to build Genode for OKL4 again.

Alternatively, Naveen could work with the genodelabs/master branch of
the official Git repository. In April, I introduced a simple mechanism
to detect the installed Python2 version automatically. See

https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/commit/de2723c794366695d1871dc23f87794f81584c7d

So when working with the Git repository, this issue should be solved by now.